In this episode I am joined by Dr. Lily Wilson, a veterinary surgeon who has created a new way of helping horse owners take the very best care of their equine partners. Today we will be talking about needle-shyness, and what we can do to make getting injections a better experience for the horse and the handler.
About the Guest:
Dr. Lily Wilson, BVetMed BSc(Hons) MRCVS, has a wide breadth and depth of passions and expertise. Lily has worked in practice treating pets, horses and livestock in a variety of settings including general practice, in a hospital as an emergency clinician, and volunteering overseas. She has done postgraduate programmes in ecosystem health and in advanced veterinary practice.
Her special interests are: species-appropriate husbandry; anatomy and locomotion; pain physiology; ethical training; and mutually beneficial coexistence of people with the natural world. Lily is now combining her passions into a service that guides animal guardians to nurture all-round wellbeing and partnership.
You can learn more about Dr. Lily and her hybrid veterinary advice and coaching services at Nurturing Nature Equine: https://www.nurturingnatureequine.co.uk/
About the Host:
Karen Rohlf, author and creator of Dressage Naturally, is an internationally recognized clinician who is changing the equestrian educational paradigm. She teaches students of all disciplines and levels from around the world in her clinics and the Dressage Naturally virtual programs.
Karen is well known for training horses with a priority on partnership, a student-empowering approach to teaching, and a positive and balanced point of view. She believes in getting to the heart of our mental, emotional, and physical partnership with our horses by bringing together the best of the worlds of dressage and partnership-based training.
Karen’s passion for teaching extends beyond horse training. Her For The Love Of The Horse: Transform Your Business Seminar and Mastermind/Mentorship programs are a result of her commitment to helping heart-centered equine professionals thrive so that horses may have a happier life in this industry.
▪ Dr. Lily Wilson: https://www.nurturingnatureequine.co.uk/
▪ Needle-Shyness Online Course: https://www.nurturingnatureequine.co.uk/learn-online
▪ Work With Dr. Lily: https://www.nurturingnatureequine.co.uk/work-with-me
▪ Leave a question for Karen to answer on the pod: https://www.speakpipe.com/AskKarenAnything
▪ The Dressage Naturally VIDEO CLASSROOM: https://dnc.dressagenaturally.net/
▪ Transform Your Horse Business Success Kit: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/transform-your-business-success-kit
▪ See all of Karen Rohlf’s Online Programs here: https://dressagenaturally.net/online-programs/
▪ The Dressage Naturally Book: https://shop.dressagenaturally.net/collections/home-page-featured/products/book-dvd/
▪ Get 3 free training videos: https://dressagenaturally.net/free-dressage-training-videos/
▪ Take the Happy Athlete Quiz: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/happy-athlete-quiz-start/
▪ Course: Habits For Excellent Horsemanship: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/heh
▪ Join the conversation in our Dressage Naturally Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DressageNaturallyLand
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW the podcast!
Leave us an iTunes review – Did you love it? Let us know!