In this episode I talk with Dr Karen Gellman who specializes in biomechanics. She is part of a team of people who created the Postural Rehabilitation program. We’ll be talking about the multi-faceted approach to helping your horse.
About the Guest:
Dr. Karen Gellman is a graduate of Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine, and has a doctorate from Cornell in animal locomotion biomechanics. She has advanced training and certification in veterinary acupuncture and veterinary chiropractic and has practiced these and other holistic modalities since 1995. She teaches internationally about posture, locomotion biomechanics, equine dentistry and veterinary complementary therapies to veterinary professionals and allied professions.
Dr. Gellman is the research director for Maximum Horsepower Research, receiving an AHVMF grant in 2014 to study posture in horses. The first paper from this work, “Standing Horse Posture: a longer stance is more stable”, published in 2022, was recently featured in Equus Magazine. In 2019, Dr. Gellman founded Plena Curae Botanical Solutions, a company making novel botanical pain solutions for pets and horses, and in 2021 began developing DVM Detective, a platform for on-line virtual holistic veterinary care and education.
About the Host:
Karen Rohlf, author and creator of Dressage Naturally, is an internationally recognized clinician who is changing the equestrian educational paradigm. She teaches students of all disciplines and levels from around the world in her clinics and the Dressage Naturally virtual programs.
Karen is well known for training horses with a priority on partnership, a student-empowering approach to teaching, and a positive and balanced point of view. She believes in getting to the heart of our mental, emotional, and physical partnership with our horses by bringing together the best of the worlds of dressage and partnership-based training.
Karen’s passion for teaching extends beyond horse training. Her For The Love Of The Horse: Transform Your Business Seminar and Mastermind/Mentorship programs are a result of her commitment to helping heart-centered equine professionals thrive so that horses may have a happier life in this industry.
- More about Dr Gellman’s Postural Rehabilitation Program: https://dressagenaturally.net/posturecourse
- The Dressage Naturally VIDEO CLASSROOM: https://dnc.dressagenaturally.net/
- Sweet Spot Of Healthy Biomechanics Course: https://dressagenaturally.net/sweetspot
- The Dressage Naturally Book+Video: https://shop.dressagenaturally.net/collections/home-page-featured/products/book-dvd/
- Get 3 free training videos: https://dressagenaturally.net/free-dressage-training-videos/
- Course: Habits For Excellent Horsemanship: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/heh
- Take the Happy Athlete Quiz: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/happy-athlete-quiz-start/
- Leave a question for Karen to answer on the pod: https://www.speakpipe.com/AskKarenAnything
- Join the conversation in our Dressage Naturally Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DressageNaturallyLand
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW the podcast!
Leave us an iTunes review – Did you love it? Let us know!