In this episode, I’m joined by Jane Pike, who helps me answer a student’s question about anxiety vs. excitement. Jane will share a bit of her own personal journey, and will talk about how relaxation, excitement, and anxiety all relate, as well as the importance of creativity.
About the Guest:
Jane Pike is a coach, writer, poet, and horsewoman from the South Island of New Zealand. In the horse world, her work focuses on practices and understandings that increase vitality for both humans and horses, incorporating nervous system awareness to both mindset and movement. The methods she teaches explore physical and emotional patterns at their most foundational level-the brain and the nervous system-with the aim of creating adaptability and responsiveness, both in and out of the saddle. Jane has featured and written for various magazines around the world and is a sought-after international clinician and trainer through her business Confident Rider.
Jane’s passions and expertise also extend to how we can best live full and creative lives, and develop the tenacity and courage to do so. Her deep appreciation for writing and the arts has also seen her skip down the garden path of how it is we can all find and allow for our own unique creative expression, sharing her own writing and teaching retreats and workshops that focus on giving ourselves permission to and making the time for following the things that we love.
About the Host:
Karen Rohlf, author and creator of Dressage Naturally, is an internationally recognized clinician who is changing the equestrian educational paradigm. She teaches students of all disciplines and levels from around the world in her clinics and the Dressage Naturally virtual programs.
Karen is well known for training horses with a priority on partnership, a student-empowering approach to teaching, and a positive and balanced point of view. She believes in getting to the heart of our mental, emotional, and physical partnership with our horses by bringing together the best of the worlds of dressage and partnership-based training.
Karen’s passion for teaching extends beyond horse training. Her For The Love Of The Horse: Transform Your Business Seminar and Mastermind/Mentorship programs are a result of her commitment to helping heart-centered equine professionals thrive so that horses may have a happier life in this industry.
- Jane Pike Confident Rider website: https://confidentrider.online/
- Jane Pike Creativity: https://janepike.substack.com/
- Kelly McGonigal How To Make Stress Your Friend TED talk: https://youtu.be/RcGyVTAoXEU?si=jLetfTTFWrUs177U
- The Dressage Naturally VIDEO CLASSROOM: https://dnc.dressagenaturally.net/
- Sweet Spot Of Healthy Biomechanics Course: https://dressagenaturally.net/sweetspot
- The Dressage Naturally Book+Video: https://shop.dressagenaturally.net/collections/home-page-featured/products/book-dvd/
- Get 3 free training videos: https://dressagenaturally.net/free-dressage-training-videos/
- Course: Habits For Excellent Horsemanship: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/heh
- Take the Happy Athlete Quiz: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/happy-athlete-quiz-start/
- Leave a question for Karen to answer on the pod: https://www.speakpipe.com/AskKarenAnything
- Join the conversation in our Dressage Naturally Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DressageNaturallyLand
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW the podcast!
Leave us an iTunes review – Did you love it? Let us know!