In this episode, I speak with Dr. Raquel Butler of Integrated Veterinary Therapeutics, in Australia. We’ll talk about listening to your horse when something doesn’t feel right, and the importance of a multi-faceted approach to rehabilitation.
About the Guest:
Dr. Raquel Butler graduated from BVSc Melbourne University in 2004, and worked in mixed practice in Australia and overseas for 8 years before branching into Integrated Veterinary Therapeutics, her own mobile-based practice treating animals with bodywork.
She has completed a Graduate Diploma in Animal Biomechanical Medicine encompassing chiropractic and osteopathic techniques as well as rehabilitation and she is the current president of the Animal Biomechanical Professionals. Raquel has studied many therapies, taught clinics nationally and internationally and teaches in Equine Science at Charles Sturt University. Raquel recently began her own online courses in Equine Functional Posture: Stability to Strength.
Raquel has been mentored by Sharon May-Davis in anatomy and biomechanics and undertaken over 20 dissections to develop her knowledge of the connections within the horse. Raquel is very passionate about improving the life for the horse and creating expansion for all horse people through her clinics and treatments as well as continuing to build her knowledge and skills.
About the Host:
Karen Rohlf, author and creator of Dressage Naturally, is an internationally recognized clinician who is changing the equestrian educational paradigm. She teaches students of all disciplines and levels from around the world in her clinics and the Dressage Naturally virtual programs.
Karen is well known for training horses with a priority on partnership, a student-empowering approach to teaching, and a positive and balanced point of view. She believes in getting to the heart of our mental, emotional, and physical partnership with our horses by bringing together the best of the worlds of dressage and partnership-based training.
Karen’s passion for teaching extends beyond horse training. Her For The Love Of The Horse: Transform Your Business Seminar and Mastermind/Mentorship programs are a result of her commitment to helping heart-centered equine professionals thrive so that horses may have a happier life in this industry.
▪ Dr Raquel Butler Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/IntegratedVetherapeutics
▪ Dr Raquel Butler Website: https://integratedvettherapeutics.mykajabi.com/
▪ The Dressage Naturally VIDEO CLASSROOM: https://dnc.dressagenaturally.net/
▪ Take the Happy Athlete Quiz: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/happy-athlete-quiz-start
▪ Leave a question for Karen to answer on the pod: https://www.speakpipe.com/AskKarenAnything
▪ Sweet Spot Of Healthy Biomechanics Course: https://dressagenaturally.net/sweetspot
▪ See all of Karen Rohlf’s Online Programs here: https://dressagenaturally.net/online-programs/
▪ The Dressage Naturally Book: https://shop.dressagenaturally.net/collections/home-page-featured/products/book-dvd
▪ Get 3 free training videos: https://dressagenaturally.net/free-dressage-training-videos/
▪ Course: Habits For Excellent Horsemanship: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/heh
▪ Join the conversation in our Dressage Naturally Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DressageNaturallyLand
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW the podcast!
Leave us an iTunes review – Did you love it? Let us know!