In this episode I talk about one of the most unfortunate terms in the horse world: Breaking Horses. Help me eliminate that word, and even more importantly that practice. We don’t want to break horses, we want to prepare them.
About the Host:
Karen Rohlf, author and creator of Dressage Naturally, is an internationally recognized clinician who is changing the equestrian educational paradigm. She teaches students of all disciplines and levels from around the world in her clinics and the Dressage Naturally virtual programs.
Karen is well known for training horses with a priority on partnership, a student-empowering approach to teaching, and a positive and balanced point of view. She believes in getting to the heart of our mental, emotional, and physical partnership with our horses by bringing together the best of the worlds of dressage and partnership-based training.
Karen’s passion for teaching extends beyond horse training. Her For The Love Of The Horse: Transform Your Business Seminar and Mastermind/Mentorship programs are a result of her commitment to helping heart-centered equine professionals thrive so that horses may have a happier life in this industry.
▪ Song: Luka by Suzanne Vega: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZt7J0iaUD0
▪ Leave a question for Karen to answer on the pod: https://www.speakpipe.com/AskKarenAnything
▪ The Dressage Naturally VIDEO CLASSROOM: https://dnc.dressagenaturally.net/
▪ Transform Your Horse Business Success Kit: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/transform-your-business-success-kit
▪ See all of Karen Rohlf’s Online Programs here: https://dressagenaturally.net/online-programs/
▪ The Dressage Naturally Book: https://shop.dressagenaturally.net/collections/home-page-featured/products/book-dvd/
▪ Get 3 free training videos: https://dressagenaturally.net/free-dressage-training-videos/
▪ Take the Happy Athlete Quiz: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/happy-athlete-quiz-start/
▪ Course: Habits For Excellent Horsemanship: https://inbound.dressagenaturally.net/heh
▪ Join the conversation in our Dressage Naturally Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/DressageNaturallyLand
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast!
If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it!
Don’t forget to FOLLOW the podcast!
Leave us an iTunes review – Did you love it? Let us know!